Submit your application
Download the full Call for Papers
Application deadline extended! Submit your abstract and (optional) video presentation by 5pm 13 July for your chance to test run your new research ideas and gain constructive feedback from senior researchers.
The Young Scholars Workshop will raise the following issues:
What changes are needed to international economic law? How should governments, businesses, international organizations, the public and other stakeholders understand and respond to the changing world? What is the future of international business in the post-COVID era?
Young Scholar Workshop Topics
The Workshop will consider abstracts in all areas of law which have a significant focus on issues relating to international business and economic law in its broad sense. The topics of the Young Scholar Workshop include the following:
- Digitalisation and international economic law (including digital currencies and emerging regulation)
- International economic law and sustainability
Young scholars, including PhD students and post-doctoral researchers, are strongly encouraged to submit papers to the Workshop, where they will present virtually and gain constructive feedback from senior researchers. Submissions to the Workshop are open to any topic within the CIBEL research areas and are not limited to theme-related topics.
How to Apply
Interested applicants shall submit their abstracts (no more than 500 words) and 2-3 minute short video presentations (optional) or 10-15 minute full video presentations (optional) based on their abstracts and understanding of the theme “Changes in international economic law: Digitalisation, sustainability and beyond” here by 5pm, Wednesday 13 July 2022 for peer review. Full paper (7,000-12,000 words include footnotes) is recommended but not essential and should be submitted by 5pm, Monday 29 August. To be considered for an award, you are required to submit a full paper (see details below).
- Wednesday 13 July, 5pm – Due date for abstract (no more than 500 words) and video presentation (optional) submission
- Monday 18 July, 5pm – Notification of abstract acceptance
- Monday 1 August, 5pm – Due date for applicants to accept speaking roles
- Monday 29 August, 5pm – Due date for full paper (7,000-12,000 words) submission, recommended but not essential
- Monday 19 September, 5pm – Notification of full paper acceptance
Eligible applicants who have submitted their full papers will be considered for the following awards, which will be announced on the day of the Workshop:
- CIBEL Global Network PhD Scholar Prize awarded to the best article by a scholar who is pursuing but has not got a PhD degree on 28 September 2022
- CIBEL Global Network Young Scholar Prize awarded to the best article by a scholar aged 35 or under on 28 September 2022
The Young Scholars Workshop will be hosted at the following time:
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm (AEST), Wednesday 28 September
Changes in international economic law: Digitalisation, sustainability and beyond
*The time of the panel may be subject to change. We encourage all applicants to visit the Global Network page on the CIBEL website regularly for any updates.
Registration is free but essential to receive the event link. We encourage you to subscribe to CIBEL'S newsletter and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to be the first one to know when the Young Scholars Workshop is open for registrations. The registration link will be posted on the Global Network page on the CIBEL website separately. CIBEL will contact presenters in advance to check on set up and testing.
For more details of the 2022 CIBEL Global Network Young Scholars Workshop, please download the full Call for Papers.